CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Final Trip Dates

We found out that our travel dates for our final trip to Russia will be Oct 25 - 30. That means our little girl will be home October 30th! My kids reaction, "Man, you better get going on our Halloween costumes, Mom". Priorities, priorities.

I'm a little bummed because our Embassy appointment could be as early as October 19th, but there's some hold-up in Vladimir. So, we have to wait until the next week. Although it does work out nicely for Rob's schedule. He has the week off already. And, if we went earlier I would have to miss a field trip to the visit the capital in Topeka with Blake's 4th grade class. So, it will be fine. I am just ready to get her home!

About the Embassy appointment. I am going to try to find out more information about that. I don't really know exactly what that's all about. I think it's the US Embassy. Can any of my fellow adoptive moms help me out here? It's all a little cloudy from here. I know I have the info in all of my paperwork, but I haven't got that far yet. And, I won't be doing that any time soon. I have some Halloween costumes to sew.

I'm making a clown suit for Will (if you know him that is just so typical), a pink kitty for Audrey(her 4th year being a pink animal of some sort), Blake's going to be Darth Vader so I only need to adjust his mask. And Audrey has chosen fluffy purple fabric for her new little sister's costume. She wants her to be a purple cat - so they match. I have tried to explain to my children that it all might be just a BIT confusing to be in a house full of dressed up children her FIRST full day in the US. Plus, she could be totally freaked out by other scary kids. Tonight Will and I talked about it again. He said, "I think it's a good idea for her to stay home with you and not go trick-or-treating. You guys can just pass out the candy and if a scary kid comes, just don't let her look." Ummm, yeah, maybe that might work?? Besides the fact that "sharing" and "candy" might not be exactly in her vocabulary at this point. Anyway, we'll just see how it goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure it is so exciting that you are getting so close to bringing her home and the fact that you have many things to do will make the time go by quickly. THe embassy appointment is with the US embassy so that you can get her visa and special (DO NOT OPEN WHATSOEVER) packed. The day before your appointment, you will have a medical appointment for your daughter. It is really pretty easy, just wait, go in, they doctor checks her out and signs some papers they need for the embassy. THe coordinator will give you a packed of info( along with her passport) that you are to give to the embassy. The appointment is easy, but depending on the number of families there, the waiting with a new child can be kind of a pain. Your Moscow contact should give you a sheet on what to do because they are not allowed to go in with you. You basically just go in, follow the directions, pass your fee, and wait for your name to be called. They will give you her passport with the visa to enter the US and a packet that is not to be opened but given to immigration once you reach the US. Make sure you keep that packet at close reach when you leave the Moscow, along with her passport, her adoption certificate and her birth certificate - you will need those to get through passport control to leave. I do have to say it was so nice to jump ahead of all the Russians waiting outside the embassy and get to se the American flag flying. Blessings on your last trip, don't you feel like experts in travel now?

Monica

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You'll be home before you know it. EAC has a step by step checklist...no worries. It's all easy from here!