CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Teaser

A friend requested a "teaser picture" of our little girl. I thought this was the perfect shot. A view of the hair-do and her cute little hands! We'll be able to post the real thing in 9 more days!


We only got to visit with her for 30 minutes right before court. They brought her into the room like last time we were there. She was darling of course! They had her all fancied up for us. Her hair resembled Cindy-lou-Hoo. Gotta love it! I stood up when she came in and went over with my arms out and very happily, and softly said hi to her(in Russian). Her reaction - she turned her lip down and clung to her care-takers neck. She didn't want anything to do with us. But, hey, she only saw us for 3 hours a month ago. Who can blame her? Blake, Will and Audrey would have done the same thing at 3 1/2. Plus, the orphanage workers told me they had explained to her that "Mama and Papa" were coming to visit and she'd be going away with us soon. No wonder she was a bit freaked out. And, in every adoption book I've read it says it is a wonderful sign if your child cries for their caretakers. It means she cares about them and she has the ability to bond. I'm praying that bonding will be a smooth transfer to us. Only time will tell.

Well, of course she ended up having fun with us. I dug in my backpack and told her to come help me look. We shuffled through it together and found - the ultimate - bubbles! Lots of smiles, lots of blowing (a little spit mixed in) and lots of stomping bubbles! She's too cute. Her laugh is so adorable. It makes you laugh just to hear it. She has a deep, good-ol' belly laugh.

Just like last time, when we left she completely did not care. She just wanted to keep the bubble wand with Dora on the end of it. She walked off down the hall with a big smile and a little nod to us over her shoulder. Cute baby girl!

6 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Thank you for the sneak peek pic. So excited for you! Congratulations!

Amy said...

Congratulations! Also, what an adorable "teaser" picture. Can't wait to see the one in 9 days.

Momma McNay said...

I don't know how to spell the enthusiasm I have for you right now! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Does that help? Anyway, yeah God! I'm thrilled to hear your journey is almost over and you and the family can see soemthing that started as a prayer, a hope come to reality. I still have stuff for the orphanage...how or do you want it still? I'm going to mail my card. I wrote it before your last trip, so I hope it still is a good one. (I can't remember what I said!)
Much Blessing and love,
Michelle

Dana said...

Thanks for the sneak peek...I can tell that she is absolutely beautiful! What an exciting journey...I can hardly wait to see the next photo! Praying for you guys...and so excited!

Mama Fish said...

Love her hair! Can't wait until those 9 days are up!

Sarah said...

I'm reading this at work, and crying tears of joy, I can just imagine your little girl stomping bubbles! SOOOOOOOO excited for you! Thank you Jesus!!!