CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Leaving for Court Tomorrow

Well, we leave tomorrow (Sat, Sept 19th) at 7:30am for Vladimir, Russia! Trip #2. We will be home by 6:30pm on Tues, Sept 22nd. So so quick. I am so stinkin' dreading that flight again. To pass the time I have a ton load of yard and crochet hooks in my carry-on bag. I'm planning to crochet my first blanket. Of course it will be for our new little chickie-poo. If I can finish it without any major holes or errors, it will be a miracle!

Oh, I can't remember if I've mentioned this before. You know we lost all our luggage the first trip. Well, I had put a "reem" of yarn and a crochet hook in my backpack planning to make a scarf. Just practicing for my blanket, ya know. Well, I had a gift for the orphanage director in our lost luggage. I really wanted to give her something. So, on the drive from Moscow to Vladimir I crocheted her a pink scarf. It was my third attempt to make a scarf. It was absolutely not perfect! But, the color was really cool, so that helped camouflage the holes, etc. It ended up being a really sweet gift. The orphanage director was very appreciative. I just kind of acted like it was the plan all along. A labor of love. ;)

Okay, lots to do. My kids have a half day of school today, so I have three hours to do my final packing, etc. Please pray for us. I'll post soon...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I started crocheting a blanket when I was on bedrest with Charlie... then I thought I might finish it for my nephew Noah (2 1/2 years later) then I thought I'd finish it for my nephew Elliot (2 1/2 years after that) ummm well... I have a lot of really cute baby colored pot holders...but no blankie... hahaha!! Here's to better luck (and more follow-through) to yours!

Safe Travels & kisses & hugs to your little girl

Love Sarah

Amy said...

Best wishes! Keep us posted...

Mary Rae said...

Will be praying for you as you go!