CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Success!

We're home! We got in from our long flight from Russia last night. What a crazy weekend! We didn't sleep much while we were there. So, I slept like a brick last night! I feel halfway refreshed today, besides a headache.

Court went wonderfully! It lasted about 50 minutes. The judge was a woman. She was fair didn't question us to death. She even cracked a tiny smile twice. ;) Rob did most of the talking. He did awesome! When our interpreter prepared us for court she started the conversation by saying, "When you stand to give your speech to the judge make sure to address her as your Honor..." What the heck! Our speech! Now, talking is one of my finest specialities, but not as a speech. I'm more the conversationalist, you know, "Hey Judge, I like your black and white smock..." And, Rob just said to me under his breath, "Oh man, this is not good for me." But, God gave Rob "elegance of speech". That's what I have prayed for. And He did.

This is our only "court" picture. We forgot our camera in the car at the courthouse. But, at least we took this self portrait in our hotel room. Note the two double beds. Not too much snugglin' going on at the "Russian Village"!



I already got the info on my next trip. This time it will just be me - alone. I have to apply for her passport in person in Vladimir. We found out that the mayor of Vladimir is highly against international adoption, and that might be the reason for the extra hassle with the passport. Our interpreter said it's kind of like, "You said you really wanted this child and you had the means to support her. So, prove it and jump through another hoop for us." What else can we do? I will leave for Russia again Oct 3rd.

A picture of God's artwork out our plane window. I always feel like I could dance on the puffy clouds.



Half way done! We're almost there...

2 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Yahooooo! Thank you for the teaser picture...although it makes me want to see her sweet little face really bad now! ha. I can wait. I can wait. So happy for you guys and I really love all the pictures.

Kristine

ps..get some rest...you will be back in Russia before you know it!

Mama Fish said...

Yay!!! I am sooo glad to hear this news! Congratulations on a great court day!!