CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I-171 H Form Renewal is Here!!!

Yeah! Only you adoptive moms can understand this...our I-171H form expires October 3, 2009. I sent away for the "one-time-no-fee" renewal a few weeks ago. Since I am the complete opposite of a procrastinator, I've been anxious to get the renewal back. Just to be sure.

Well, I just got it in the mail! Praise the Lord! We can breath easier now.

For those who don't know - this is the form from Homeland Security that says I can bring an orphan into the US. Without it, no little girl. It takes weeks (months) to be approved. US Citizenship and Immigration Services sends a copy to Moscow. It's a BIG deal!

2 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

That is great news!! I remember ours came through quite fast. Everything that I had read said that it would take months for approval. So happy for you! So are you doing this in 3 trips? Have fun with all your preparations (since all your headache stuff is out of the way)!

Mama Fish said...

That's a huge hurdle accomplished! Yay! Congratulations!