CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Good To Be Home

I made it back to KC safe and sound. Oh, I love my family. My kids first words...Audrey, "I missed you Mommy! Did you ever stop crying?" Blake, "I'm so glad you're home Mom. I love you." Will, "Did you bring us any presents?" ;)

It was an uneventful trip home. I didn't sleep at all on the plane. It's hard when you're sitting by strangers. Particularly when it's a big guy and you're on the aisle. Oh well. Next time I'll have my hubby to lean on and then our little Tess girl on the ride back HOME. Most likely I'll be doing my best to console her. Poor little thing. What in the world will be going through her head on that plane ride home? At four years old she will likely be mourning the loss of her "family" at the orphanage. 9 brothers and sisters and 4 care-givers. You should see her with them. She is a snuggle bug with them. I pray God will give her peace and assurance that it will all be okay.

Anyway, we leave again in two weeks. I have so much anxiety about it. Good and bad. Lots to do between now and then. And, then our life will never be the same. I'm trying to eat up the time with Blake, Will and Audrey. Squeezing every bit of fun out of the time. Soon, Mommy's going to have a lot more on her plate! I'm so anxious to see what God has planned for our family of SIX. And, I know He's my constant companion. I love that!

2 comments:

Aaron, Ana and Emma Stafford said...

Oh, Angela, your family will change for sure ... but ONLY for the better!!
You will ALL be enriched by the experience of adoption. The beginning will be hard for sure, but yet rich and rewarding at the same time. God will give you the grace and as you said BE your constant companion through it all!
Proud to be your friend! Ana

Mama Fish said...

Angela- Glad to hear you are back safe and sound! One more trip yay!