CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

GotCha!

Today, Tuesday, October 27, 2009 our little Tess Katerina was placed in our arms forever! And, what a moment! Do you think she was filled with joy? Did she wrap her arms around us? Nope - she cried the saddest, mornful cry. Poor baby. We knew it would happen, it was just so sad to see. She was crying in Russia "I don't want to leave!" Man, that was tough. But, I brought lots of distractions and it didn't take too long before she was playing in the car seat as the van left Vladimir.

Right now Miss Busy-buns is opening every drawer and door in our apartment. She's also playing with Daddy. Balloons seem to still be her favorite. So, a little exploring, a little balloons and so on.

I could write so much more about our day and the things we been through on this trip. Things like Tess wetting her pants two times w/in a hour, flight delays, wrong hotel, etc. But, I'll save that for another time. Or maybe I'll just skip it altogether. No use re-visiting. ;) I'll see if I have time to write again when she goes to bed. Now, that is an interesting thing we'll be tackeling for the first time in about 1 hour.

But, really, things are great. She's a doll baby! So silly and funny. Can't wait to get her home!

13 comments:

Aaron, Ana and Emma Stafford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron, Ana and Emma Stafford said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I AM SOO SOOO PROUD OF YOU AND SOOO HAPPY YOU GOT HER. I have been thinking and praying for you all day today. I am glad the big hump of getting her is behind you. THANK YOU JESUS!! Now of course you have a few more humps to go ... but we continue to trust God with you! He will give you the grace you need because He called you to Tess and He called her to you! We love you a tone!!

Aaron, Ana and Emma Stafford said...

sorry, that was me with the first deleted comment ... I somehow published it twice :-)

Patti said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! It is amazing to think about the journey the Lord has brought you through to bring you to Tess. Your story is a great testimony to the Lord's faithfulness. I hope everything goes well in your final stages of your trip home.

Sarah said...

I'm crying tears of joy for you all!

Much Love,
Sarah

Troy and Rachel said...

Congratuations!!!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Congratulations! Happy dancing here for you and your girlie! Prayers for traveling mercies as you get ready to head home!

Craig and Phyllis said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You finally have her! Hope bedtime went well.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I am so happy for you all. I know that had to have been difficult seeing her so sad to leave...but she just doesn't know the love that a Mom and Dad can give her yet...she doesn't know the wonderful love that is coming to her...she just has a small vision of it with you guys now. I will be praying for you all with the travel and the time in Moscow and also for your trip home.

God didn't bring you this far to drop you off stranded in Moscow or anywhere for that matter...He will see you through all of this and Tess too! How exciting that she will finally be introduced to His love as well.

Hugs to you...all 3.

Kristine

Michelle said...

Wow! I've been praying for all of you. I'm reading so many adoption books, I think I understand what you are experiencing. We had an interview last night with our agency for a specific girl. I told her that I can't get over the feeling that I will be causing pain in this little girls life while offering her hope! Hopefully next year I'll need your advice on the experience you are currently going through. You and Rob are incredible parents and work so well together. I'm telling you, I expect to see you guys on Amazing Race some day! Blessings, prayers and love!
Michelle

Amy said...

Congratulations! Hope the rest of your travels go smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the official pictures of your sweetheart.

Rachel said...

CONGRATS!!! It's such a sweet, sweet feeling, especially when you set foot on US soil. So happy for you guys!

Becky Grimes said...

I can't wait to see her, hug her, hear her giggle at her brothers and sister!