CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

We Leave Tomorrow!


These are some of my sweet friends and family who celebrated and prayed with me as a little "send off" party. They also donated gifts I am taking to the orphanage. What a blessing!

I can hardly believe it...in two days we will get to meet our little girlie! I am going to have to hold myself back from just running over and squeezing her! Man, what in the world will she be thinking when she meets us? I pray so much that we'll make her smile. Her sad little world will be full of happy silly-ness soon! I have all these fun things to play with her when we get there. I've tried to think of all the senses. Oh, pray that she just has fun with us. And, gosh, at three-and-a-half she might remember this moment forever. Just amazing.

So, I'm all packed and ready to head out tomorrow morning! But, oh my goodness, I am going to miss my sweet kids at home. That is the only part that really makes me sad. I praise the Lord for Skype! Hopefully all goes well, and the WiFi is up and running at our hotel! At this point our kids are not sad. They are excited for their grandparents to spend the night with them! Hopefully that excitement lasts all week.

The next time I post it will be from Russia! Pray for safe travel and for our connecting flights. Chat with you soon!

8 comments:

Carolynn and Steve said...

Prayers for safe travels and a great meeting with your daughter!

Craig and Phyllis said...

I am so excited for you guys! We will be praying!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Yeah!!! Its about stinkin time..ha.

Praying for a safe and wonderful trip.

Michelle said...

I cannot wait to read your next post. we're anxious for you. Hope all travels went well. "I don't want you to miss the Miracle of the Moment!"
Michelle

Patti said...

You are in my prayers! I hope you had an uneventful trip over to Russia!

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm a little late but safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Leilani's Longing and Designed By M said...

Praying for you and your new daughter...this is an emotional and blessed time. So many things are happening on such different levels...for all of you. God is there and He is GOOD!

Amy said...

Looks like it was a beautiful get together.