CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Court Dates!


I think we can squeeze one more little girl right in the middle, don't you?




We have our court dates! We leave Saturday, Sept 19th, court is on the 21st and we will be home on the 22nd. Quick trip! On the morning of the 21st we'll visit our little girly and have an apt with a doctor about her. Then, that afternoon we will go to court to officially say, "Yes! We want to adopt this little girl!" We have heard a lot of terrible stories about families going to court. Please pray that everything goes smoothly and that the judge is feeling gracious on that particular day. Favor, please, Lord!

I feel pretty good right now. I have some court paperwork to get together, but I think most of it is repeat or fairly simple. Well, as simple as Russian adoption paperwork can be.

I've been going through Audrey's 3T and 4T clothes. Good memories in those little outfits. I'm so glad we get create more memories in them! Soon, oh so soon, we will be able to have that girly home. I'm just so ready to move on. I want to get started with all the challenges that are ahead - language, adjustments, routines... It's getting to be more of a reality everyday. Nervous? Yes. Ready? Yes!

9 comments:

said...

That is so great that you have your court date! It is so wonderful not to have to wait months after you meet your little kiddo. Our court was last year on 9/18 so We will be almost 1 year apart. What orphanage is your little girl from? Micah was from #1. Don't be nervous about court, believe me worrying can't change a thing, just be prepared and leave the rest in God' hands.I am so excited for you.
Monica

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Yeah!!! Great news.

Amy said...

How exciting!!!

Rachel said...

Hi, I found your blog because I was looking for agencies OTHER than CHI that work in Astrakhan (they were actually really good when we went there in 2006, but I know things have changed since then). We adopted our son Dec 06 from Astrakhan, our daughter March 06 from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, and now we're looking to adopt a third, possibly from Russia again. I would love to hear how things have gone with your process (I saw you switched agencies). It looks like you are opting for three trips, which is what we are thinking...

Anyway, if you get a chance, I'd love to chat! My email is keydarren@bellsouth.net

Rachel - PS, my husband is from Kansas.

Mama Fish said...

Woohoo!! Angela, that is awesome news! I love hearing it! I can't wait for you to have her home as well! There is definitely room in that picture. :-)

gayle said...

Congrats! I stumbled on your blog---you are in great hands with EAC--you will be well prepared for court. I have adopted twice through EAC. But more importantly, God is in total control and has ordained the very days of your new daughter's life

Craig and Phyllis said...

So glad to hear that your court date will be so quick! Some regions seem to take forever! Have fun getting everything ready in anticipation!

Sarah said...

Congratulations.
Just remember for every one terrible court story there are a thousand good court stories.

Darryn and Jamie said...

Congratulation!We adopted with EAC and Astrakhan Sug 2007! YOu will be in great and capable hands. Marina makes court a BREAZE! I too heard the horror stories. Marina will NOT let that happen. Please tell her Jamie and Jenna say Hello!