CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snow!

Over the Christmas weekend we ended up with about 12 inches of snow. AND it's still snowing today. What a perfect Christmas break for the kids. We've played outside in the snow every day. So fun!

Snow ice cream! Tess could not stop eating it long enough for me to get a picture of all four kids looking at the camera. ;) She just kept says, "Ummm, yummy!"


That snow-drift was three feet high!
Sisters! Doesn't Audrey look big?

We made a snow ramp in our yard to sled down with a bump in the middle to make you pop into the air. Lots of work, but totally worth it. We worked on it for an hour. It goes between our fence and a cluster of trees. So, I had to make edges on the path to make sure the kids flew in the right direction. But, I love that kind of stuff. I didn't get any good pictures of it because I was the one doing all the work and when it was totally done, the kids were ready to go inside for hot chocolate. You know how that goes! I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

When I asked Blake what he wanted for Christmas he said a black-face hat. It looks a little freaky, but he says it's warm.

3 comments:

Ana said...

WOW! HOW FUN!! THAT IS SOOO COOL!! I love snow in the winer. You have a real cool backyard for the kids to sled on.

Our snow is completely gone! We have had rain the last couple of days and now it is really foggy :-(

Audrey looks so big, they all do. What size clothes does Tess wear. I am still trying to figure out how tall she is.

Is that home made ice cream? It looks yummy!

Thanks for the tip on Candy Lane. I have not figured that trick out but she "somehow" ALWAYS wins:-) She loves those games!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Our kids have been playing in it every day too. It was a wonderful surprise for Christmas break. The ice-cream looks delicious!

Ana said...

Did you really mean to say you put snow in the ice-cream?