CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Family Photo

First family picture! What a shot. I set the camera on the piano bench, clicked on the timer - and got this. I think seeing mommy running like a nut to get into my place before the blinking stops makes everyone smile.


Things get better everyday with our little Tess. We had four great bedtimes, but last night she cried again. It's totally a different story now with the crying. She's crying, "Maaamaaa". Now what do you do with that? Of course you go in and snuggle. Time will work it out.

Sunday night was her first ever outing away from our house. After 16 days I was ready! We went to my nephews 2nd birthday party. She did really good considering all that was going on. There were lots of kids. She pretty much stayed the opposite place the kids were. If they were in the basement, she was upstairs with the adults. If the kids were upstairs, she was in the basement playing with all the toys. I just sort of hung back and watched her. We played together a little bit, but she really couldn't focus on just one thing. Her brain was going a mile and minute.

She freaked out twice. Once when it was time for dinner and everyone else was already in the kitchen ready to pray. I brought her up from the basement and when we came into a room of silent people who turned to look at us, she became a limp noodle, slid to the ground and started screaming. I took her into a different room and she settled down real quick.

The other time was even more sad. Rob went to out heat up the car. Blake and Will ran out into the cold with their boy cousins. I looked down and she was completely panicking trying to get her boots on. She was saying "shoe, zip, shoe, zip". She thought we were leaving her. Poor baby girl.

Today I am taking Tess to the kids school for "show and tell". They are all so excited. I asked them what they were expecting from Tess. They said they want her to talk in Russian and hug their teachers. Hummm, good luck with that. I'll report back on that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blissful photo, and I guess all that you have described is perfectly natural in a little girl who has travelled so far fro whatever life she new until a short while ago. You are doing brilliantly, I know, and none of my business (ex-teacher speaking here). Ann from UK

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

That is a REALLY great photo. Good job. Even the dog is in it!

Poor Tess...but great job realizing everything she was going through. You are the perfect Mommy for that little beauty.

Aaron, Ana and Emma Stafford said...

I am so happy to see a snug picture of all of you together. You all look so great!

I am really proud of you for picking up all those signals Tess is giving you - the needing to be held at night, the fear of being left behind ... this is no small stuff, you should be really proud of yourself.
GREAT JOB!!