CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Peace Through the Wait

Several friends have asked how Rob and I how we feel about the news we received last week about the little girl in Vladivostok. We are very thankful we have not traveled to meet her. It is all still very abstract, if you know what I mean. It's the idea of her, but not her personally that we are attached to.

We both will be very glad if this little girl is able to be re-united with her birth family. If they truly want her, that is what is best for her. To stay in her own country where she knows the language, would be much easier for her! And, if she has someone to love her, that is just one less orphaned child in the world. We are in this deal to bring a little girl home who has nothing. God has called us to turn our life upside down to save a little unloved baby girl. Where she is, who she is, when we will meet her, when we will bring her home... God's plan and timing.

I am doing a Bible study right now on "The Patriarchs" - awesome, by the way! We have studied Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Now we are on Joseph. That guy went through so much to get to the place God had for him. But God was preparing him so he would be equipped for the future. We know that God is shaping us for the future He has in store for us. My personality wants instant gratification. If you give me a job, consider it done - yesterday if possible. Ha! So, what a work God is doing in me. Forcing me to depend on His timing - and to be at peace while I wait. I am so glad He loves me enough to spend time adjusting my personality.

So, if this is the little girl for us, good deal! If not, we will wait to hear who she is. We will remain the in region of Vladivostok. Our paperwork is registered there. That is something concrete we know. For everything else - we just wait. I'll write again when we have more info!

2 comments:

Grammy/Mom said...

Angela,
I have seen the tranquility God has given you this summer.
It's difficult to imagine, but before we know it we'll have a hard time remembering time before we had Tess in our lives.
Love you,
Mom

DeLand said...

You guys are awesome! God has a perfect plan here and because of your open and available hearts, He is going to bring about such a beautiful thing through this adoption - and whichever young girl He gives you, she will be the perfect one to be deeply blessed by becoming a part of such a wonderful, godly family. We are praying for you and your new child! DeLand